Skilled war commander of Wu. Commanded Wu forces at the Battle of Chibi.
Birthplace: Shu County, Lu Jiang Commandery
(Presently Shu Cheng, An Hui Province)
Rank and Titles
Magistrate of Ju Jiao; Jian Wei Jiang Jun; Magistrate of Chun Gu; Zhong Fu Jun; Grand Administrator of Jiang Xia; Pian Jiang Jun; Grand Administrator of Nan
Family and Relationships
Fact vs. Fiction
Differences Between Fact and Common Fiction
- Zhou Yu did not attempt to have Zhuge Liang assassinated. The rivalry between Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang was added to add to the allure of Zhuge Liang.
- Was not visited by Jiang Gan during the battle of Chibi.
- Zhuge Liang did not attend Zhou Yu’s funeral, though his death was mourned by Pang Tong.
- Zhou Yu’s death in the novel comes a little bit after his historical death.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: 15, 29, 38, 39, 43–56, 57, 60, 75, 77, 82–84
Sanguozhi: Wu 9
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Chapter 29
Touching his head to the floor, Zhou Yu said, “I would strew the very ground with my liver and brains to requite my dear friend’s love.”
- Zhou Yu the Greatest All Round Strategist?
- Could Shan Fu Have Seen Through Zhou Yu’s Tricks?
- Better Officer: Lu Meng or Zhou Yu?
- Wu’s Greatest Commander: Zhou Yu, Lu Meng or Lu Xun?
- The Life and Times of Zhou Yu and Sun Ce
- What if It Was Sun Ce Who Served Zhou Yu? (Historical/novel)
- Zhou Yu Betrayed
- Zhou Yu’s Tendacy to Try to Murder Zhuge Liang
- Zhou Yu
- Zhou Yu Attacking Yi Was It Possible?
- Zhou Yu’s Plan for Wu Domination: Could It Have Worked?
- Learning More About the Historical Zhou Yu
- View ≈6 Additional Results?
- Zhou Yu’s Musical Talent
- Zhou Yu the Great
- Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang
- Who Did More, Zhou Yu or Zhuge Liang?
- Zhou Yu or Lu Xun: Who is Best?
- If Zhou Yu Was Not at Chi Bi (SGZ)