One of Sima Hui’s students. Served Liu Bei, then later, through trickery, Cao Cao.
Wade-Giles: Hsü Shu (Yüan-chih)
Simplified Chinese: 徐庶 (元直)
Pronunciation: Xu2 Shu4 (Yuan2zhi2)
Cantonese (Yale): Cheui Syu (Yun-jik)
Cantonese (Jyutpin): Ceoi Syu (Jyun-zik)
Min-Nan: Ci Si (Goan-tit)
Other Names: Shan Fu, Dan Fu
Name Notes: Also went by the name Shan Fu (單福).
Fact vs. Fiction
Differences Between Fact and Common Fiction
- Xu Shu’s mother was captured by Cao Cao. Because of this, Xu Shu, who did wish to serve Liu Bei, parted ways with Liu Bei and took up service with Cao Cao. [SGZ/ZZTJ]
- Xu Shu’s mother did not commit suicide. [SGZ]
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: 35–39, 41, 48
Zizhi tongjian: 61, 65
- Is Xu Shu That Good?
- Could Shan Fu Have Seen Through Zhou Yu’s Tricks?
- Xu Shu…What Was His Real Intent?
- Was It Xu Shu’s Fault That His Mommy Died? (Novel)
- If Shan Fu Helped Cao Cao
- Xu Shu or Guo Jia?
- If Xu Shu Didn’t Leave Liu Bei
- Xu Shu SGYY Biography!
Premium External Linkage
First class external must-reads. Enjoy!