A skilled advisor of the Wei kingdom. His efforts laid the foundation of Jin.
Birthplace: Wen County, Henei Prefecture
(Presently Wen County in He Nan Province)
Family and Relationships
Fact vs. Fiction
Differences Between Fact and Common Fiction
- Was not nearly burned to death in Shangfang Gorge.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: 39, 69, 73, 75, 77, 78, 80, 85, 86, 91, 94–107, 108, 109, 119
Zizhi tongjian: 65, 67, 68
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Chapter 106
Sima Yi said, “There are five possible operations in war: if you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die! And a hostage would be meaningless.”
- Ranks of Sima Yi
- Who is Best Strategist? Sima Yi, Lu Xun, or Zhuge Liang?
- Why Do People Accuse Sima Yi of Being a Traitor?
- Sima Yi Suggests, Cao Declines.
- Who Was Best: Zhuge Liang, Lu Xun, or Sima Yi?
- Had Sima Yi Stormed into the Empty Fort…
- Pang Tong or Sima Yi
- Prime Minister Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi or Lu Xun?
- Kongming’s 4th Campaign: Wang Ping; Zhang He and Sima Yi
- Guo Jia Vs. Sima Yi
- Who is Most Talented, Kongming or Sima Yi?
- In the Comic Ravages of Time, Book I, Whom Did Sima Yi Kill?
- View ≈11 Additional Results?
- No Sima Yi?
- Sima Yi Given Too Much Attention?
- Sima Yi: Victimised More Than Anyone?
- Sima Yi: Genius or Mediocre at Best?
- Question on Sima Yi Defeating Zhuge Liang?
- Sima Yi’s Family Tree
- Zhuge Liang Vs. Sima Yi
- What if Sima Yi and Zhuge Liang Were Together
- On Sima Yi and Traitorness
- In Defence of Sima Yi.
- Sima Yi Biography (ZZTJ Compilation)