Liu Bei’s son and the second Emperor of Shu. Destroyed Shu through ineptitude.
Wade-Giles: Liu Shan (Kung-ssŭ)
Simplified Chinese: 刘禅 (公嗣)
Pronunciation: Liu2 Shan4 (Gong1si4)
Birthplace: Zhou County, Zhou Prefecture
(Presently Zuozhou in Hebei Province)
Other Names: Liu Chan, A-Dou
Name Notes: Also known by his infant name, A-Dou (阿斗). See Liu Shan’s Comprehensive Officer Biography for more information on his name.
Rank and Titles
Prince of Hanzhong; Heir Apparent; Emperor; Piao Qi Jiangjun; Duke of Anle
Family and Relationships
Liu Bei (Father); Empress Gan (Mother); Empress Zhang, Empress Zhang (Wives); Liu Feng (Brother-in-law); Liu Yong, Liu Li (Brothers); Liu Xuan, Liu Yao, Liu Cong, Liu Zan, Liu Chen, Liu Xun, Liu Qu (Sons)
Fact vs. Fiction
Differences Between Fact and Common Fiction
- Did not recall Zhuge Liang from any northern campaigns.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: 34, 41, 42, 54, 61, 73, 80, 81, 85–87, 91, 96, 97–102, 104, 105, 107, 108, 110–119, 120
- Figurehead Liu Shan
- Liu Chan or Liu Zhang ?
- Liu Shan, Not the Worst Choice for Successor?
- Why Do You Guys Hate Liu Chan?
- Sun Hao Vs. Liu Shan: Who Was the Better Ruler?
- Liu Shan: Capable or Idiot?
- Liu Shan: a Remarkable Person?
- What Do You Hate Liu Shan for the Most?
- Zhuge Liang and Liu Chan
- Saving Liu Chan, an Act of Heroism, or a Mistake…
- Waiting for Liu Shan to Die…
- Liu Shan: Was He Stupid?
- Liu Chan?
- If Cao Cao Captured Liu Chan Before Zhao Yun…
- Liu Bei’s Desires in Regards to Liu Shan’s Future…
- Liu Shan’s Beginning
Premium External Linkage
First class external must-reads. Enjoy!