Siezed control of Luoyang and the Han government before being killed by Lü Bu.
Birthplace: Lintao, Longxi
Rank and Titles
Major; Gentleman of the Palace; General of the Gentlemen of the Household of the East; General Who Routs the Caitiffs; General of the Van; Minister of Works; Grand Commandant; Marquis of Mei; Chancellor of State; Grand Master
Family and Relationships
Fact vs. Fiction
Differences Between Fact and Common Fiction
- Dong Zhuo was not historically saved by Liu Bei, Zhang Fei and Guan Yu while fighting the Yellow Turbans.
- Dong Zhuo was never presented with the “Seven-Star Sword” by Cao Cao after a failed assassination attempt.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: 1–8, 9, 10–11, 13, 15, 19, 20, 22, 24, 30, 33, 38, 44, 56, 73, 93, 109, 120
- Were Sun Jian and Dong Zhuo Friends?
- Alliance Against Dong Zhuo, More or Less a Failure?
- Dong Zhuo Not Only an Evil Tyrant?
- Is Dong Zhuo All That Bad???
- Sun Jian and the Alliance Against Dong Zhuo
- Did Dong Zhuo’s Actions Result in Good, or Bad?
- Dong Zhuo, Did He Have Potential?
- Did Cao Cao Really Attempt to Assassinate Dong Zhuo?
- Dong Zhuo Like or Hate?
- What if Lu Bu Never Killed Dong Zhuo?
- What if Dong Zhuo Triumphed over the Allieds?
- If Dong Zhuo Didn’t Have Lu Bu
Premium External Linkage
First class external must-reads. Enjoy!
Dong Zhuo’s Sanguozhi Biography
A rough-draft work-in-progress by Lu Kang.