Served Wei. One of Cao Cao’s trusted guards. Dian Man’s father.
Birthplace: Ji Wu County, Chen Liu Kingdom
(Presently He Sui County in He Nan Province)
Name Notes: We originally listed Dian Wei’s style as Ziman (子曼). As we are no longer able to locate the source, and a few possible causes for error have turned up, we no longer have reason to believe he had the name.
Rank and Titles
Major; Chief Commandant; Colonel
Family and Relationships
Dian Man (Son)
Fact vs. Fiction
Differences Between Fact and Common Fiction
- Rather than two axes or long polearms Dian Wei used two hand-halberds. These were shortened versions of the ji halberd (as used by Lü Bu).
- Dian Wei was neither drunk nor had his halberds been stolen during his heroic defense against Zhang Xiu’s attack.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: 10–12, 14, 16, 17–18, 58
- Dian Wei: Origination of His Style, Ziman?
- Dian Wei’s Death
- Zhao Yun, Dian Wei or Zhou Tai-bravest of the Brave
- Is Dian Wei Under Appreciated?
- Brave Stand of Dian Wei