Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends (Fierce Warriors) is a Dynasty Warriors 3 game revision released in the United States and Japan (and also soon in Europe/PAL). This revision will have many new features and should be a great buy for anyone that loved Dynasty Warriors 3. On this page we will gather and present information on this upcoming release. My thanks to Sean Williams and Jonathan Wu for working with me to get the information on this page.
Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends, (Fierce Warriors English translation), will be released in Europe (PAL) on either the fourteenth or the twenty-first of March. Various sources indicate both dates, so check on the fourteenth or fifteenth, and if you cannot find it, plan for the twenty-first.
1) Diao Chan, Dong Zhuo, Lu Bu, Meng Huo, Yuan Shao, Zhang Jiao, and Zhu Rong are now playable characters in Musou Mode.
2) Each officer in the game now has a fifth weapon that can only be found in Expert difficulty. With fifth weapons a new element, Wind, is also introduced.
3) Fifteen new items have been added to the game. You can only get the new items on normal or harder difficulties.
4) Beginner and Expert difficulties have been added.
5) 4 new challenge modes have been added to the game.
6) Developed characters are now usable in challenge mode.
7) At the end of a stage your combo performance is new evaluated. Doing well impacts the quality of items dropped.
8) Bodyguards: You may now alter their appearance (normal male, normal female, Nanman male, Nanman female, Yellow Turbans) and give them individual names. There are also two new commands; Support (attacks archers first) and Iron Wall (they form a defensive ring around you). There are now 12 different weapon options and five different strength levels (which they develop into) that come with new abilities. In one player Musou mode you may now choose to have an officer serve as your bodyguard (instead of the generic group). You may not equip them with weapons, but you may do a joint musou attack with them every 100 kills.
9) There are new 28 new video sequences.
10) There are many new songs in the game.
11) You may now reset officer stats individually.
12) You can import your Dynasty Warriors 3 game.
13) Fore more information visit our Xtreme Legends Information Page.
Here are some various screenshots that show off different features that have been added to the game. Notice the line-of-sight in the battle screenshots; they seem to have improved this aspect of the game.
Koei has released more Fierce Warriors screenshots. The first portion shows of new features followed by action screenshots of generals using fifth weapons. At the end there are some screenshots from some new FMV sequences that have been added for the new musou characters.
Here is one more set of screenshots from the Fierce Warriors expansion to Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 3. The leftmost of the top two shows the unaligned characters available in the Musou officer select screen and the rightmost shows three new locations in the stage select screen. These new locations are either new stages or, most likely, the three mini stages (e.g. Raid on the Rogue Fortress) from Dynasty Warriors 3.
Koei has released new portraits for the unaligned characters what will be playable in Musou mode come the Fierce Warriors revision. Those portraits are shown below. If more are released they will be added here. Click on a preview portrait to open the full-size portrait in a new window. All portraits are 590x500px .jpg on a black background. Click here to see more Dynasty Warriors 3 portraits.
Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends is a trademark of KOEI Corporation and KOEI Co., Ltd. © 2002 KOEI Co., Ltd.
March 7, 2014